Girls Write Out
Thursday, April 03, 2008

Whoever said money can't buy happiness clearly doesn't own a pair of Donald Pliner Shoes! Of all things, Donald came to his San Jose store. Oh my gosh, I was so excited!! I think I've mentioned his shoes in nearly all of my books, since I am slightly obsessed. They are the only heels I can wear because he's this mixture of artist and function -- and it shows in the shoes.

Just to give you a small idea of my obsession, my daughter (7) didn't know the words from Grease's You're the One that I Want, "I got chills, they're multiplying..." Elle sang, "I got shoes, they're Donald Pliners!"

So he signed my new silver Salya's!! I brought him a book, and you won't believe this, I was brave enough to give it to him. I signed it TO him in the car, so I wouldn't chicken out. Yay me! Oh and get this, I saw my muse for Ashley Stockingdale when I was at Santana Row and I said, "Are you here for Donald Pliner?" She said no, she was getting her brows done. Still, a very Ashley thing to do, but come on, it's not the Donald! So isn't he sweet? He took his picture with me and my book. Everyone in the store was dressed to the nines, I had my typical white T and jeans, but I did pair them with fabulous Donald Pliners. Shoes do make the outfit -- hopefully.



Kristin Billerbeck
www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Labels:

Kristin  
posted at 6:25 PM  
  Comments (11)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
11 Comments:
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Many a song has been written regarding the white tee.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Annie said...

ok so i just have to say that I totally agree... the shoes make the outfit!! and Elle's song is absolutely hilarious!!

oh... BTW: I finally made it to San Francisco!! My mom and I went last week and I LOVE THAT CITY! I kept thinking things like, I wonder if the Spa Girls came here, hahahahaha....

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's okay Kristin that you wore jeans and a white t-shirt, you were focal point dressing. If you had wore something fancier it would have drawn attention away from the shoes.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Becky said...

LOL! That is hilarious! She's shaping up to be quite the little fashionista, isn't she?

Are you sure you weren't your own muse for Ashley? Perhaps the books were a bit more autobiographical than fictional? ;)

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Becky, bite your tongue! I like the way you think Laurien, and I get to play in the City on Tuesday. I can't wait! North Beach to bring out the Italian in me. YAY!

Seriously, I am not a fashionista. I do not like to dress. I need things matched like Garanimals. That's why I go with Jeans and a T, I think. But I always have good shoes and good handbags. You should see me today though I need a haircut badly and I went to San Juan Batista (mission) with my kids and I just put a kids' barette right on the front of my head. I look like the "special" mom.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Beth said...

So, are you actually going to wear those autographed shoes?

I can't say I understand your shoe fettish, but then again maybe I do, only mine is books!

I loved what Elle sang. I can hear the tune in my head. Is she going to follow your footsteps (ha ha), Kristin?

Blessings, Beth

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Very cool Kristin! How fun for you, oh and I *love* how your daughter sang that song. Too cute!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Becky said...

LOL!

I totally LOVED Garanimals! I remember going school clothes shopping for those every year as a little girl!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

PS. Kris, don't you feel so privileged that God has called you to witness to fashion designers? Someone has to reach them.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Lynette Sowell said...

In Texas jeans with anything nice is considered dressy. Especially nice shoes. Which I don't have since I work from home and write barefooted. Anyway! You are glowing in that picture, Kristin. :) Sounds like FUN.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz