Girls Write Out
Tuesday, February 03, 2009

CLIMATE CHANGE
What kind of winter have you had? Here in Indiana we've had extreme cold and lots of snow. Some of the data coming back over the past year is that we are heading to a cooling phase. A natural one that's due. I don't get why people listen to Al Gore's crazy global warming talk. I don't know about you, but if we get some climate change, I'll take the warming over the cooling any day. Humans can live just fine in a little warmer temp. Here's an article about the natural trends: http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=10783

I was raising our kids back in the 70s when there was all the hysteria about a coming ice age. People talked about what might happen if glaciers swept the area where we were living. People would migrate south, etc. Just a few years later, there was all this talk about global warming. I think this whole debate just illustrates how humans naturally assume we are in control. God must laugh at such nonsense. God has everything under control and all the worrying in the world won't change what will happen one iota. I don't know about you, but that knowledge gives me a lot of comfort. No matter how crazy the world may seem, how dangerous, how insane, I know He's got things clocking along in just the way He's planned it. This recession didn't catch Him off-guard. The man who sits in the White House was allowed to sit there. When we recognize God's sovereignty in our lives, it brings peace in the storm.

Unless you hate winter like me. LOL A high of 17 today. Sheesh. Diann is probably dancing in the streets at the thought of a little global cooling and more snow every winter! On second thought, more snow might mean I could make snow angels with Alexa in a couple of years. Or pull her on the sled. Or make a snowman. Hmm, a granddaughter changes everything!
Colleen Coble  
posted at 7:10 AM  
  Comments (10)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
10 Comments:
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Jill said...

You are so right, Colleen. God is in control. A few weeks ago Al Gore had to make a speech in Washington D.C. about global warming. He was delayed getting there because of an ice storm. I also think God has a sense of humor!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Ralene said...

lol @ Jill. I agree, Colleen, it is a comfort to know that God is in total control.

I am all for a cooling season. I love the snow. This year was the first year I was able to take my darling daughters out to play in it. They had so much fun, and got very angry with Mom and Dad when we made them go inside. :)

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I heard about that, Jill! I laughed too. LOL

Ralene, you're another of those strange people? LOL I used to like playing in the snow but I've fallen in it and broken bones twice. That just does something to the psyche. LOL

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Michelle V said...

Amen! God is in control and everything is going according to His plan! And I agree about Al Gore's global warming scare! It's frustrating that people jump on his bandwagon the way they do!

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, Colleen, I'm hoping with this "normal" winter (as my Dh says) will help kill off these Japanese beetles that swarmed us in IL last summer. If the frost line went lower than normal it'll kill off the grubs for all kinds of annoying bugs.

But I am so ready for a warming trend. I've had my fill of winter and snow.

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alaska is having some its coldest weather this winter and in honor of "global warming" someone carved a bust of Al Gore out of ice. But, where I live we are in the middle of a drought and where the weather is absolutely lovely, I wish we would get some rain and snow.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Ok so I live in Northern CA and i do not miss the snowy winters of IL and MN when i lived there for 5 years. LOL. I do miss the occasional snow, but that's why we have the Sierra Nevadas- go play in the snow and then come home and be able to wear capris & flip flops in February! LOL.

Yeah, the whole global warming thing is ridiculous. I'm all for being good stewards of the Earth that God has given us, but still, He's in control. CA right now is in the midst of a very very very dry winter. It's looking like we'll be in a drought this summer if we don't get some more moisture. We need snow in the mountains and rain the valleys. DESPERATELY! So send some of the Indiana snow our way, please! :-)

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

Amen, amen, Colleen! Worry over global warming is such a time waster. It's just a tool of the enemy to distract from what you said: God is in control!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I totally think we should take care of the earth! I didn't make that clear, did I? But anything that happens here, God's got it covered. :)

Hey Annie, I'd send some snow your way if I could.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Georgiana Daniels said...

I sooo agree! Actually, I'm almost positive the earth has been warming since the ice age ended. LOL! What really gets me is that the mainstream bandwagon people aren't even interested in hearing the scientific evidence that argues against global warming. But I'm with you, God is in control...and bring on the sunshine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz