Girls Write Out
Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A GREAT DOG STORY
I'm a sucker for a great dog story. This picture is of Parker, my grandpup, by the way. Anyway, I was watching the news the other day and there was a story about Buck (sounds like a Jack London story, huh) who got separated from his owners. He was spooked by a train whistle in Montana. His owners, the Halter family, spent 3 days trying to find him then finally had to go back home to Washington state. They peppered the are with posters but after six months they thought they'd never see Buck again. Their 17-year-old son Jason never gave up hope. But six months passed and the temps in Montana went to -20.

The the miracle happened. Someone found him living under an collapsed building. The Halters jumped in the car and drove all night--750 miles- and sure enough, it was their Buck. He ran right up to them. Here's the full story if you want to read it. http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/pets/39252887.html?elr=KArks8Da_3D:ayE7UeDa0D:ayE7UiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUr

I cried when I heard about it. My question is why don't we hear more of this kind of thing on the news? I think the media is half responsible for the state of the economy. Any bad news they make sound ten times worse. I'm ready for some GOOD news! And it's out there. It's just buried by the media. so what good news would you like to share? In addition to this story, I heard that Cry in the Night and Lonestar Sanctuary both hit the ECPA bestseller list this week as well as the CBA one last week. We also called a new pastor at church. Any my granddaughter just turned 5 mos! Good news abounds!

Labels: , , , ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 5:20 AM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Congrats on your books making the bestseller lists, Colleen!!!

I have to say, I absolutely LOVE the picture of your dog here!!!! Oh my goodness, that is sooooo cute!!!

I'm going to read the dog story article now. I just love those kinds of stories. Animals are amazing!

And yes, good news does abound! Dark chocolate has antioxidants!!!!!! Who knew?

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

Did you see the mastercard lost dog commericals? The dog gets lost in CA and they have a series of ads as he travels cross country? The one of him getting home is "priceless" :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiEnwHVwaUk&feature=PlayList&p=12AA4541FE1CDA66&playnext=1&index=5

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I hadn't seen that commercial, Jaime! Loved them!

Isn't Parker darling in the glasses? LOL

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

That is a great story Colleen, thanks for sharing it. There should be a "good news" network for those of us who don't want to hear the junk :)

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Annie said...

i agree that the media is partially to blame for our depression in finances and spirit! Luckily, we have a God who can't be eliminated by a little darkness in the world! :D yay!

i love the pic and the dog story. i love things like that. As for good news.... tomorrow starts the season of Lent (I work as a youth director in a church), so at the end of lent comes EASTER! Hallelujah! It seems like it was only yesterday that Christmas was here, and now it's almost Easter. Boy does time fly! :D

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Um....adorable! I love it! My bf says I don't think anything on tv is funny or entertaining unless there is a dog involved. :) Maybe that's why I read Rock Harbor books instead of watching. :)

Colleen, BTW, I'm about 3/4 through Cry in the Night....and all I have to say is....NO WAY! I can't believe the way the story is turning out! AH

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

I love Parker's pic, Colleen! :) makes me want to cuddle him! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz