Girls Write Out
Tuesday, September 15, 2009

NATURAL BORN MODEL
Some people are just born photogenic, aren't they? Our little Alexa just got her first modeling gig. Now, of course the way she poses has NOTHING to do with the fact she's had a camera stuck in her face since she first blinked in the bright light of day. Our Punky has had more paparazzi following her than Angelina Jolie. :-)

Anyway, she's modeling here for a fabulous children's designer, Kristine Bercot. If you have kids or grandkids, you will love her clothes! They are the only clothes we've bought for Punky that she wears for several months because of the generous cut. And they wash like a dream. Highly recommended! The website is: http://www.artandsoulboutique.com and you can't miss our Alexa starting in the second row! I see a bright future for that baby with her, er, early training in front of the camera! Doesn't she look like she knows exactly what she's supposed to be doing? LOL

Speaking of clothes, I've been buying a lot of them lately. Heading to the ACFW conference tomorrow and I can't wait! All my clothes were too big. I had 91 empty hangers to fill so I made a valiant effort to at least find something to wear. I've had an untapped resource in my home for fashion: Dave. Can you believe it? He's been telling me I ought to wear this or that but I didn't believe him. He's a GUY! But I started watching What Not to Wear (LOVE that show!) and by golly, he was right! So he's been going with me and last night he talked me into a pair of high heeled knee-length boots. Me! Gulp.

The girls and I are going to be drinking too much coffee, eating too much DeBrand's and staying up way too late. Sounds like a prescription for fun, doesn't it? It will be! I'll miss my hubby, but the days will fly by with as busy as we are. And my fabo agent, Karen Solem is coming this year! Actually, she's the agent for three of us: Diann and Denise too. We hope to grab her for some brainstorming because she's really good at it! If you're coming to conference, make sure you grab us and say hi if we don't see you first!

Labels: , , ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 8:38 AM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Tonya Kappes said...

Super cute!! Congrats on your star.
I am going to go to conference with the four gals I blog with and can't wait to buy new clothes and have coffee over load!! Have a fantastic time.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Oh you will have a fab time, Tonya! Those days together are so special!

Our little Punky is definitely our star! :-)

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Edna said...

very cute, she looks like she really likes her picture to be taken.
Have fun at the conference


mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Cheri said...

What a cutie!! How did you have empty hangars?? I just keep at least my size, the size I was a year ago, and the size I really need! LOL I need to donate!

Have a great time, all of you, at the conference. Just one question, what is DeBrands?

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

So cute!! I love that little outfit too. I don't see her as a girly girl. That's the perfect outfit for her. Kara will probably see to it that Grandma doesn't pink her out.

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Lisa Jordan said...

Alexa is gorgeous! As she gets older, make sure to remind her that true beauty comes from inside a person. :-)

I LOVE WNTW. That show changed how I look at my body type and really bolstered my self-esteem when I started dressing for myself instead of what I saw in the pages of a magazine. Buying a few quality pieces has helped me slowly grow my wardrobe, too.

So excited to see friends tomorrow!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger paulmerrill said...

Got to you via a comment on Michael Hyatt's blog.

For what it's worth, you should include your Twitter ID on your blog somewhere.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger LittleFootLongies said...

Hi Colleen! Kristine linked me to your blog. I did the photos for her fall line and your daughter and granddaughter both were just precious and sweet. So fun to work with.

I have a disc of photos for your family that I will be giving to Kristine tomorrow!

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Cathy Shouse said...

Colleen,

No wonder you're in love! She looks wise beyond her years.

Cathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz