Girls Write Out
Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I have the worst memory and my life is like one big game of Concentration. God has created the perfect storm of conflict in my life, and if it were interesting, then I'd be a great novel. School started this week. Do you know how you have to have all those papers (like 84 a kid) for the new school year and fill out your address, their doctor, orthodontist info a million times?

Well, multiply that by four.

Add in a move. 1/2 family items are in one house. 1/2 in the other. The second half is boxed. Here's the a.m.:

"Mom, I need a picture of myself." The pictures are packed. I have baby pictures, but at 15 he's not having it. So I rip out a picture from his school scrapbook. Done. Next.

"I can't find any socks." This is a hard one because the half that are packed are mated. The ones here, not so much. "Oh it doesn't matter if your socks match. Put them on." Done. Next.

"Mom, everything is printing out with your books on the back. Where's the fresh paper?" That's easy. It's at the other house. "We're green in this household, environmental. We can't be wasting fresh paper on every assignment, she'll deal." But I found some in the garage. YAY!

But here's my favorite. I finally hooked up the printer to the wireless account, so that the kids can print from any computer, and this morning, the cartridge ran out. Now you know how small a cartridge is right? "Just take your USB with you and the fuzzy gray paper, tell her we're moving." Have a heart.

Then, DH calls. He's at the new house. Cable guy is there wanting to hook up an extra TV for $5 more!! "But I saved $5 on another package, it's a wash." He says to the guy, "Oh it's okay. Yeah, bring her in."

LOL Heaven is going to look, sound and smell like a spa and I won't have to remember my own name.

Labels: ,

Kristin  
posted at 11:40 AM  
  Comments (11)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
11 Comments:
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Michelle V said...

I feel for you! Our life is looking very similar right now! (And I love the part about them not needing matching socks! LOL)

Blessings
Michelle

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

It shows originality and that they're comfortable in their own skin, right? LOL Hoping you're out of your place of confusion soon!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

LOL! Moves are always chaotic. That's why we've stayed in the same place for the last, um, 19 years. Still can't find anything, though. :-)

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

I hate moving! Nothing like having your life all boxed up. Praying it all goes smoothly and quickly, K!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Hilarious, K! This too shall pass though. The new school will be great for the kids and you'll get your brain back!

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I feel a lot more accomplished today. I'll be glad when it's all over.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Lisa Jordan said...

My son leaves for his freshman year of college tomorrow. Do you think he's started packing? Of course not! Let's wait to the last minute because Mom does not have enough to stress about!

Kristin, I totally feel for you. I'll be praying your move goes well and your family gets settled quickly.

Besides, you're in California--who needs socks! :-)

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Never2manybooks said...

Lisa, I feel your pain. My son leaves today for college for the first time and only started packing yesterday. He was washing clothes at midnight last night. I asked for dirty clothes last week. I refuse to step in and take over. Just remember, in a couple of days we will miss their procrastinating ways.

Kristin,
My days are not much better than yours on school mornings and I have no move to blame. I hope each day gets better. It helps to keep your sense of humor. And pray-HARD.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

OOoh so sorry to hear about college. I mean it's good news and all, but wow, that's hard to think about! I would not be motivated to pack them up! I shouldn't have implied the move was the trouble. It just adds to the trouble. We still would have had sock issues most likely. LOL

You need socks because feet sweat and stink in CA> LOL

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

With all of the transitions in our lives, my memory feels like swiss cheese. Sometimes my brain seems like it's shorting out on me.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Swiss cheese, that is perfect!!! it's going to get better!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz