Girls Write Out
Sunday, September 20, 2009


Together at last!

As most of you know we just returned from the American Christian Fiction Writers Conference. It's been 3 long years since we've been together and we were ecstatic to be together again. We ate, we laughed, we brainstormed, we painted each other's toenails. Well, I painted Colleen's when she realized her toes were naked 5 minutes before the Book of the Year Award Banquet.

I did my share of goofy things. Big surprise. Got off elevator with a crowd of people and chatted with Rachael Phillips all the way to her door only to realize I was on the wrong floor. Too embarrassed to admit it, I turned back toward the elevator, acting like I'd walked her to her door and was heading back to mine. I rounded the corner and punched the button, shaking my head. A moment later, here comes Rachael. She'd gotten off on the wrong floor too and was too embarrassed to admit it to ME. (Side note: Rachael was offered her first fiction contract at the conference! Yay Rachael!)

Then later the same day I left Cheryl Hodde in our room and she said she'd meet me downstairs in a minute. I got on the elevator--what is it with elevators?--and waited, lost in thought through the ride. A half minute later the doors open I took a step, but there was Cheryl waiting to get on. "How did you get down--?"

Oh. I forgot to push the button.

But I did manage to accomplish a few things while there, scatterbrained moments aside. I met wonderful new writer friends, spent time with agent Karen Solem, Thomas Nelson Publisher Allen Arnold, editor Becky Monds, and publicist Jeane Wynn. That and my Girls too. Where else can I find all these wonderful people in one place?

The only thing missing was you!

Labels:

Denise Hunter  
posted at 9:50 PM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Tonya Kappes said...

It sounds like you had a great time. You four haven't changed a bit. Congrats on getting together. Those are some great times.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Oh I was chortling all the way through that post, D! I hadn't heard the elevator story!

It was soo fun! I miss you girls today.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

We have changed Tonya. Colleen is a little bitty fraction of herself! It's scary how cute and little she is, but what a wonderful time we had.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Such great fun!!! There's nothing like a girls' slumber party to rejuvenate my spirits!

Thanks to the Girls for a great time! And thanks to our blog friends for joining us in the fun through cyberland!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Trekkie4Ever said...

LOL!! Love the little mishap stories. And you are very brave in sharing them.

I am glad you had a wonderful time.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

You all look beautiful! Glad you had a great time.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Cheri said...

I love knowing their is someone else as scatterbrained as I am. Love the elevator stories! Something about them sounds so familiar... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz