Girls Write Out
Tuesday, October 13, 2009



A VISIT WITH MY NELSON PEEPS
I went to Nashville to visit Thomas Nelson on Thursday through Saturday. What a fabulous time! They always make me feel I can conquer the world after a visit with them. On Thursday we had our strategy meeting about upcoming books. I've got some fun stuff coming up for you!

As I made my rounds chatting to my friends there, I realized again something so important. Too often we don't express our gratitude to people who make a difference in our lives. Several folks mentioned they love to hear from me because I'm so grateful for what they do: the foreign rights person, the licensing folks, the phone sales people, the list of people who work hard for very little thanks goes on and on. But my books wouldn't be selling if it weren't for them! They do SO much for their authors and it's time we did something for them. So I hear by declare today a "THANK YOU DAY." Find someone to thank today. The checkout person at the grocery store. The daycare worker who does such a great job with your child. The guy who washes your car.

Tell me who you're going to target today and why. Or report back and tell me who you found to thank that you wouldn't normally notice. Don't just plan to do it, DO IT!

Labels: , ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 6:01 AM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Okay, let's see, my friend who makes prayer pillows and sends them around the world, not only to our soldiers overseas, but to the homeless, and invests a great deal of her own money in the ministry.

My family doc, who doesn't carry my latest health insurance, so a lot of times he just sees me for free. Gave me a flu shot a couple of weeks ago when I went with my mother for her appointment. Free.

My friend, Kris, who sent me a computer tower--free--to help me prepare for my high speed experience...so many to thank. So many to be thankful for.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Oh those are good, Cheryl!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Edna said...

Hannah you have been blessed with gifts, no one every gives me anything except I win a book ever so ofter and I love those.

Is this Thomas Nelson the one that puts out the Bibles?

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Yes it is, Edna!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Trekkie4Ever said...

I have to say I love my Thomas Nelson KJV Study Bible, it is priceless and I am so glad that they are such wonderful people.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Great pics, Colleen!

Just last night Tony and I started "Five things we're thankful for today."

We want to recount them every evening.

So far today I'm thankful for:

Apple's good customer service.
Discovering what's wrong with my iPhone.
Getting my book start fixed in my head.
The peace of Jesus.
And friends!

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Cheri said...

Well, since it's almost 2 a.m., I will start by thanking all of you here who have written books I love and enjoy. I can't tell you how blessed I have felt when I found your blog! What a treat to interact with some of my favorite authors.

I am thankful that after 6 days and 7 hours on the phone, my laptop is again, working. However, I had to 'wipe' everything out and lost all my files -- including the ones with all my passwords listed! LOL

Yes, I did back it up before they had me clear it, but I haven't figured out how to 'put everything back'.

I see a few hours on the phone tomorrow in my future.
Cheri

Cheri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz