Girls Write Out
Tuesday, June 29, 2010


YOU KNOW YOU'RE A WRITER WHEN. . .
This is me and my husband Dave at the Christy awards in St. Louis this past weekend. The 2nd one is of Nelson authors with our publisher Allen Arnold and our publicist Katie Bond. I spent the entire weekend with author friends and it was sooo fun! Sitting around the table with Allen and Katie was a real highlight and it drove home to me how authors are, well, different. LOL

And it's rubbed off on Allen. He was telling us about an incident where a man was taking pictures of his neighborhood. He followed the guy to find out what he was doing and my mind immediately thought of a murder mystery. Allen would have been dead in my story and the protagonist would have had to figure out why the guy was taking pictures and how he'd gotten shot. LOL I'm happy to report Allen's incident was totally innocuous but the what ifs are always present in the backs of our minds. Rachel Hauck had a different scenario in mind. Erin Healy, Kim Tate and Lisa Samson had other plots spring to mind, but we all had plots. Even Allen followed the guy because he suspected he was up to no good. I'm telling you, we corrupt everyone we are around! LOL

So let's have fun with this. If you saw a guy taking pictures of houses in your neighborhood, what would you think he was doing?

Labels: , , , , , ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 10:26 AM  
  Comments (10)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
10 Comments:
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I'm boring, I would think he was appraising the house for a refinance. LOL

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Timothy Fish said...

Like Kristin, I doubt I would be so paranoid. Although, I have some friends who would likely say, "Why worry about what the guy is doing? Just shoot him and the problem's solved." But I've carried a camera through neighborhoods enough times that I wouldn't think anything about it.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

I would think it was someone my birth family hired to investigate me and watch my daughter because after all these years they feel they have some claim. It would result in me going into hiding and being willing to do anything to protect my duagher from a mysterious family with a questionable past.

But in reality, he was probably just taking pictures of the beautiful yellow lilies in my front yard.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger jel said...

living out in the country ,and living on a deadend road,and someone was taking pictures, I would get paranoid,!

Thanks Colleen , ya just give a thought of a post 4 my hillbilly road blog. :)

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Laughing, Timothy!

Jaime, you should write that story! Glad to help your blog, Jel!

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Kameko said...

Hmm, let's go with he is a private investigator and is looking for someone. But he is trying to not stick out too much, so he is disguising himself as someone that appraises houses. The person he is looking for is a neighbor that is in the FBI's witness protection and the PI has tracked him to your neighborhood, but he doesn't know the actual house. He is trying to catch pictures of everyone coming out of their houses so he will find whom he is looking for.

Beverly

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

With the arrest of the 11 Russian spies the other day, I would be super-paranoid!! What information was he trying to obtain? Whose home was he photographing? Who was he watching? Who was going to get all this information and for what purpose? Guess I'm still living in the Cold War Era, but then again maybe we all should be a bit more cautious. Just saying.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I'd think he was taking pictures to research which houses would be easy hits.

In reality, he's probably like me and is taking pictures of houses he likes so he can put them on his Facebook page in his, "Houses I like" photo album.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger quietspirit said...

In our neigborhood, I would be leery of anyone loitering with a camera. I would think that he was casing the houses for a robbery or burglary.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

LOL I love the "just shoot him" bit. That works for fiction. Shoot first, ask questions later. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz