Girls Write Out
Thursday, July 01, 2010


When we go to the Treatment Center in Zion, Illinois, we always stop at one of the beaches on Lake Michigan before going home.

I love this picture of my husband because he's just enjoying his walk, looking for rocks (for our Ebenezer gifts) and just basking in the day.

I love that after a day or two of medical stuff, we get to enjoy God's creation! How cool that God meets us in both places. :-)

God constantly surprises me with His presence in some way or another. For instance, one of the ladies' groups I'm in sent me an edible bouquet this week. In case you don't know what that is, I've attached a picture. This one is a bouquet made up of strawberries, pineapple "suckers" dipped in chocolate and heart-shaped pineapples! DELICIOUS! Just so you know, I plucked the chocolate right off those pineapples and indulged to my heart's delight! (God's surprise was not in the chocolate, by the way, it was in those gals' sweet, sweet, unexpected gift to me--for finishing chemo!).



Another surprise this week came when my husband ordered a CD from Tim Janis (actually talked to TIM!)--www.timjanis.com--and when my husband mentioned that I love the CDs, that they calmed me after chemo, Mr. Janis said he felt the Spirit nudge him to send me another of his CDs.

Now some people are kind, no doubt about it, but the more I thought about his words that the "Spirit nudged him," I was blessed beyond measure to think that God wanted me to have that special music that brings peace to my soul!

How often do I stop and consider that some things are truly a gift from the Lord?! WOW! I take so much for granted.

Well, sorry I'm rambling. These are just things that are on my mind today. How has God blessed you lately?

Labels: , ,

Diann Hunt  
posted at 1:23 PM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Crystal Mazzuca said...

God totally blessed me with your BLOG today! Thanks for your positive, Christ centered attitude and reflection. I needed this today.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger jel said...

ramble all ya want! :)


that is a very pretty bouquet!

hope y'all have a fun and safe 4th of july weekend!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Kameko said...

Part of my blessings from God have come through reading the Girls Write Out blog. The faith that all of you have displayed through so many different issues - whether simple or hard, funny or sad, has been so uplifting to me. And the responses from the readers, I count those as blessing also!

Thank all of you for enriching my life through more than just your books ~

Beverly

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

I'm so glad, Crystal! We're praying for you!!

You have a safe and fun 4th, too, Jel!

I agree with you, Beverly--I'm always uplifted by reader's comments, too--including yours! :-) Thank you!!

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Wow Di, just looking at that beautiful view and those lovely, colorful fruits, it's a good reminder that we can focus on the beauty or on the ugly. What YOU see there is amazing. You see the beauty.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Julia M. Reffner said...

Oh, how beautiful. God has really blessed me by your encouraging posts during such a time.

I think one of the biggest blessings at all times for me is the prayers and loving embraces of other believers.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Deborah Raney said...

I love Tim Janis's music, too, Di. I have a whole Tim Janis station on pandora.com. : ) How cool that your husband got to talk to him. And how wonderful that his music has been such a comfort to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz