Girls Write Out
Wednesday, November 10, 2010


I'm late in posting today because Cheryl and I (Hannah Alexander) were in San Francisco. Okay, I woke up with a BAD morning, and I wasn't going to go today. The kids were lagging, I was cranky, the traffic was HORRIBLE. But I took one look at the weather and I knew it was going to be perfect in San Francisco, so I said, I'm coming, I'll be late.

And I was.

But we went out to lunch at this gorgeous, wonderful restaurant...with a dress code, but I didn't meet it and they still let me in, so yay!

Then, we went to ALCATRAZ!! I have lived here my whole life, and never gone. And I was so excited to be there, to be in the City, to be on the boat, to drop Cheryl off at the luxurious hotel on Nob Hill. Everything went according to plan, as all good days with close friends do. Life is beautiful. Go kiss someone you love and tell them so! My kids were grateful to have THIS mommy back, and I was grateful for a little girl time so I could be that mommy.

Even if I did drop my $200 sunglasses in the REAL Alcatraz toilet and have to fish them out. Ugh. Where was the bleach when I needed it? B
Kristin  
posted at 9:24 PM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 5:19 AM, Blogger jel said...

sounds like ya had fun,

but could~un ya have found a better place too fish? ;)

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Wish I were there! Sounds like fun!

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, so fun! I went to Alcatraz a few years ago. I'd love to go again. The weather looks like it was perfect!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Oh, that sounds like such fun!! Glad you were able to enjoy some girl time together!! Wish we could have all been there. :-)

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

We had a blast, just not enough time together. Kris didn't mention that we were hungry after the tour and bought Polish sausages, and I immediately dropped mine, sausage first, onto the ground. So Kris shared hers. She also gave me water and gave me two great tours of the city. It was so great to meet with her, because we never get enough face time at ACFW.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

We did have so much fun. I was hamming it up in that pic for my kids because that's where the "ghosts" were on Ghosthunters. LOL

Cheryl, if you have another day, I'll check into the blimp!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz