Girls Write Out
Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hubby and I were driving downtown yesterday. When the light turned red, we paused by a tall building.

"Look, hon," he said. "A corner desk."

Several floors up, there was a corner office that had windows lining both walls and, sure enough, a desk sat in the corner.

"Wow, great view," I said. Okay, it's not New York, but still. Someone has a nice view of our new minor league ball diamond.

"I'll bet there's a lot of daydreaming going on up there," Kevin said, probably thinking about the lack of productivity the view inspires.

Know what I'm thinking? I'm thinking that corner desk would be a great spot for a writer. Not only is daydreaming encouraged in my field, it's downright necessary. True, I have to get my thoughts down on paper at some point but--let's face it--some of my most productive time is spent staring into space. A passerby would think I'm accomplishing nothing, but really, my imagination is awhirl with ideas. I'm doing the work necessary to write my book.

When the light turns, Kevin pulls away, and I smile furtively. I get paid to daydream. How cool is that? What great perk does your job offer?

Labels: ,

Denise Hunter  
posted at 9:01 PM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

A walk in the snowy woods, Denise, yes, you're doing what I love to do. So inspiring. Reading a good book inspires me. Being with good friends inspires me. Watching a beautiful sunset...ahhh.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

The chance to sit stealth in Starbucks and create characters from human interaction.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

My job provides gourmet coffee brewed by 7:30 AM and let's me off at 4 to go daydream along with yoU! :)

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Good ones, ladies! K, I wish I could write with chaos--sure would come in handy around here.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Barb said...

I work in a library, so I get to see a wide selection of media (books, DVDs, CDs) that are available. Not to mention the people watching.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Jayja para tí... said...

HI, DEAR GRAMMY, HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR YOU...I WAS WATCHING YOUR PICTURES AND READING ABOUT YOUR BOOKS!!GREAT!!!
I'M SURE YOU REMEMBER ME, YOUR SPANISH FRIEND...TRIUNF... HAPPY NEW YEAR...

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Melany said...

Job perks: Hugs and crayon artwork. :) http://melany7.blogspot.com/2011/01/love-miss-melany.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz