Girls Write Out
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
First off, praise God Dave's surgery went so well. WOOHOO, and hopefully, he gets to come home today.

Last year when I went to Indiana, my little straightening iron got stolen. It was expensive! Nearly $200 and tiny travel size, which helped my MS hands -- which aren't always working correctly. So having the small straightening iron was helpful.

Well, I've been relegated to curly hair since I didn't replace the expensive iron and I was telling my friend (up and coming writer Bethany Macklin) as she was on her way to Mt. Hermon Writers' Conference my tale of woe and her hubby works for a company that MAKES them. (FHI) So on Easter, she surprised me with a new little straightener and it was such an encouragement. It's been a rough year, and it's amazing how the grace of others helps us along.

I was talking to the pastor's wife on Sunday and I was telling her how much she meant to me for rescuing my son in the third grae from an abusive teacher. (She got him into her private school the next day!) She didn't even remember doing that. Isn't it funny how people can have such a huge impact on your life and it's such a small thing to them, they don't remember it? That always fascinates me. Have you seen it happen?
Kristin  
posted at 1:25 PM  
  Comments (5)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
5 Comments:
At 5:45 PM, Blogger jel said...

That was cool Kristin,
ya got some very good friends there!

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Yes, I've experienced that same type of kindness from you all! Showing up at the hospital, sending me gifts, sweet notes, phone calls, bringing food!

God's people are amazing!

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger Anna said...

I like that Diann! God's people are amazing!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Diane Marie Shaw said...

So happy that Dave's surgery is over and it went well.
I love how God nudges people to call or do something special for us when we are down and need a little lovin'.
I too have had conversations with people who tell me I said something to them years ago that impacted their lives and changed them and I don't even remember the situation. It is a humbling reminder to watch my words, I could lead a person astray and not even know it if I say the wrong thing.
Blessings to you and your family.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Jackie S. said...

I love it how God nudges people to do thoughtful things.....I have seen HIM to it FOR me and THROUGH me....this blog is such a blessing, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz