Girls Write Out
Tuesday, January 01, 2013
I know this isn't my day to blog, but since we've all been so busy this season and we haven't been blogging much, I thought I'd pass along an idea from a friend. Carol Cox is decorating a large jar into which she plans to place notes about blessings she's received throughout the year. At the end of the year, she'll pull out those notes and read them. I think that's a fun idea.

I have vases I use to collect coins, though, so I'm thinking I'll pick up an unused notebook and title it "Blessings." When I'm depressed or grumpy (as Mel can attest, that's been often lately) I will pick up that notebook and instead of focusing on why I'm grumpy, I'll jot down blessings in my life, such as God's continuous love despite my mood, a fun, kind husband, cuddly kitties, good friends. What a way to douse the blues. Then if I wish to, I can reread those blessings at the end of the year for a fresh lift. I might even share them with others.

How about you? Any new ideas for lifting the spirits, or keeping them lifted, in the year to come?

Hannah Alexander  
posted at 12:39 PM  
  Comments (1)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
1 Comments:
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I plan the activities for our ladies fellowships at church. For our Novemeber one, we bought pretty jars, and I brought all my colorful scrapbook paper. We decorated the jars with ribbon and cut little pieces of paper to make a Thanksgiving Jar. We're writing down little things God does for us, and then we can read them at the end of 2013.

It's amazing how many small things God does that I forget so easily. I want to remember and to be thankful for those little things He does each day to show me He cares.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz