Girls Write Out
Monday, October 31, 2005


WHAT A JOKE

Daylight Saving Time. What a joke. I just don't get it, okay? Who ever came up with such a stupid idea? The time is what it is. Monkeying around it it is the nuttiest idea I've ever heard. And the madness keeps speading. My own state of Indiana is the latest to fall victim to the screwy rationale.

I'm not very political. I love my president, I support the war, I vote in every election, but that's about the extent of it. I'm not one to argue politics unless you cast slurs on my president or our soldiers. But when the governor that I supported began to ram DST down our throats, I took action. I emailed every congressman and state senator. I groused about it to everyone I know. The responses from the state legislature assured me it wouldn't pass because the majority of their constituents were opposed to it.

I relaxed. I was wrong. When the vote came up, the bums PASSED IT! So guess what? I'm going to vote against every single one of the legislature who didn't listen to their districts. Needless to say, I won't be voting for Daniels again either. For one thing, his rationale is just insane. He said it would help our economy. Hello? Did he ever look at the states that still don't change their clocks? Someone should tell Arizona they can't grow if they don't follow the crowd like a bunch of mindless lemmings. Arizona is booming. And now that they're still smart enough not to give in to peer pressure, it's another good reason for us to move there.

So I'm mourning the passing of sanity in my state this morning. This will be the last time the DST change occurs where our clocks remain nice and stable. And I hope enough Hoosiers wake up and vote against a governor who doesn't listen to the people who voted him into office. Next time around I'm going to ask more questions rather then just if the guy is a Republican.

www.colleencoble.com
Colleen Coble  
posted at 10:26 AM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, Colleen, I'm with you. I loved it when we moved to Arizona and didn't have to change every blessed electronic gadget in our house with a clock. The only bummer? Twice a year the TV shows move either an hour later or earlier. :)

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

I'm wondering why the whole country doesn't abandon this practice! Most of our kids start school so late now, day light is not a problem.

And yea, let's always ask more than if they are Republican. The lines are getting so blurred. ;)

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger eileen said...

Awww, Colleen. It's so awesome to spend those long summer HOT evenings here in San Antonio! I love DST myself. Sorry!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm, C, you REALLY don't like DST, do you? LOL Personally, I'd like it to stay the same year-round, but I REALLY like the time I'm on now. Why? Because it gets dark earlier and with little ones, I can justify putting them to bed at 7:30. LOL Okay, I just don't feel "right" putting them to bed when the sun's still blazing outside. Even my 3 yr old fights it.

Voting....ah, our privlege. Still, I wonder how many politicians actually LISTEN to their constituates...unless it's an election year. I try not to do politics. I personally think our government is too much up in our personal lives and business. But hey, that's me.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Mad Matty said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz