Girls Write Out
Tuesday, November 08, 2005


So this is what it feels like to relax...

Well, I'm in Phoenix -- which I can never spell. Does our country not realize our school system is in trouble? What were they thinking when they named our cities? That everyone could afford private school? Oh speaking of which, my darling son wrote a creative writing paper, and it took place at the gasstayshun (gas station). Seth, what a dreamboat.

I got off track, sorry. So I'm in this city I can't spell and staying with Colleen Coble's daughter. Colleen, Carol Cox and I brainstormed yesterday and I really started to get fired up again about writing. I have a new idea that I think will really work. It's a little over the top. A lot of fun and I'm anxious to get working on it after the last Spa Girls book.

We went to Barnes & Noble yesterday and there was a magazine put out by "Writer's Digest" called "Spiritual Writing" and inside is an article on writing for the Christian market by Debby Mayne and under the heading DEVELOPING STRONG CHARACTERS is a mention of Ashley Stockingdale, my character! How exciting is that when you're not expecting it? At BN, we also met their fabulous fiction manager Phyllis. What a great gal, with LOTS of knowledge and recommendations. You just can't beat a fellow book lover. We waxed poetic on the beauty of the hardback.

So I have found the cure for writer burnout if anyone is interested: Take one pedicure, lots of fattening meals out, espresso until you want to be sick, and stir them with a really, really, really bad TV movie about the earth ending -- which is actually a very poorly- written religious tract for how global warming is ruining our planet and we will all die because of it. (The four of us: Colleen, Colleen's daughter and friend hated the characters so much we were rooting for the storms.) Now that was fun.

I'm ready to hit the keyboards again. I'm setting my next book in Orange County, so Jeana, my lovely agent, if you're reading this it means you can scare me again with your L.A. driving! South Coast Plaza, here we come!

Oh I'm doing a booksigning in Sacramento if anyone's in the area. I think it's the 19th, I'll have to look it up when I get home. But I'll be in the Camino Sam's Club signing "She's All That". Please come by and say hi, and get a vat of pickles while you're at it! : ) Kristin
Anonymous  
posted at 11:12 AM  
  Comments (5)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
5 Comments:
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How refreshing, girl! Sounds like it was JUST what you needed! Glad you got inspired!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Lynette Sowell said...

Ahhhh. So you watched part 1 of that movie too? My dh is a disaster movie buff. I got lots of pecans shelled and read a book. Glad the writing fires are burning again. ~~

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just bought "What a Girl Wants" and can't wait to read it! You sound like such fun!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger teabag said...

Hi Kristin!
I've been AshleyStockingdale-addicted eversince I picked up What A Girl Wants over a year ago! (: Glad to know you are doing a new series, my bookshelf needs them! Anyway, if you ever travel to Down Under for booksigning...I'll definitely turn up! Keep the good books coming, GodBless!

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i definitely think you should come to australia, just like teabag said :)


having said that, i'm looking forward to your next book. i've ordered she's all that at my christian bookstore and it hasn't come in yet. i want to re-read my with this ring, except my mother keeps lending it to people!!!

bethanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz