Girls Write Out
Sunday, June 25, 2006

OUR FIRST WOMEN OF FAITH CONFERENCE AS AUTHORS

The picture is of Sweet Spirit Christian books in Marietta GA. Wonderful store that we stopped by before going to the Women of Faith conference in Atlanta.

DIANN: Expectations are high. We’re giddy with excitement. The van pulls up and we are ushered into it along with Luci Swindoll, Marilyn Meburg, Patsy Clairmont, the Women of Faith worship team and others. We try not to gape. I think I can hear Colleen’s heart thumping—or maybe it’s mine.

COLLEEN: We pull up to the stadium. The back door, mind you. Just in case hordes of hormonal fans try to rush us. Or at least Di. We’ve fooled the fans though. We’re taken inside the service door past banks of video equipment sensitive enough to notice my heart palpitations. I’ve never been so nervous in my life. Part of it is I don’t know what’s expected of us. I want to be a little mouse in the corner, but no, we all file into the “green room.” And it’s not even green.

DIANN: Famous people saunter inside the room. Colleen and I hover in a corner, wanting to blend into the wall, which we seem to do nicely until our WOF coordinator forces into the mix. Everyone sits around chatting about agents, latest gigs, family life. We close into a circle for prayer (Nicole Nordeman is sitting on my right). Amazing prayer floats through the room and it’s all I can do to keep my emotions in check. My heart is about to burst in thankfulness that God has allowed me this amazing experience with these gifted people.

COLLEEN: Me too. I about want to cry. Us, part of the Women of Faith team. WestBow rocks! We want to always make them proud of us. As long as they don’t make us sit in front of the camera again.
Colleen Coble  
posted at 9:42 AM  
  Comments (3)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
3 Comments:
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Awesome experience, huh? I had one like it so many years ago, I own't tell you when it was, but it was a moment I'll never forget. A tiny slice of heaven on earth. :o)

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

What an awesome story, gals! And grat to hear that even recognizable "names" such as yourself still get heart palpitations in the presence of those you deem to be "bigger" than you.

I've had my run-ins with the "famous" (Diann can tell you about some *g*) and one thing I always try to remind myself is they appreciate you more when you greet and speak to them as you would anyone else. Most people don't, so when you do, it's a refreshing change and one that usually opens many doors.

I don't always succeed, but I try. :)

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Betsy St. Amant said...

Awww, I love the Women of Faith conferences! Been to 4 out of the last 5 years! They rock! I'm glad you guys had such a great time there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz