Girls Write Out
Saturday, June 17, 2006

Rants by Kristin
Every once in a while I have to vent. Otherwise I will explode. So here goes. A Michigan gym is considering banning all men from seeing Muslim women in their "state of undress" during aerobics. Ie., showing their arms? You know, this just irritates me to no end. If it's that troubling to you. Stay home and do a Jane Fonda tape. How do most of us feel when we go to the gym and see everyone's got a better body than us? Life's just is not fair, get over it. I want to make everyone cater to me too, personally, I don't like seeing people in biking shorts, but life doesn't work that way. We have to get along. And the Constitution does not protect you against being offended. Heck, I'm offended daily. Does anyone care?

Next: Why is there no coffee line at Starbucks? Ie., just getting coffee. It would make those people a lot happier if they didn't have to stand behind a hazelnut/vanilla/marshmallow mocha frappuccino with an extra shot teenager. And it would actually make the line go faster because you have to stop and wait for the cashier to get the coffee. Just an idea. It's free Starbucks, run with it.

Okay, is anyone else completely ticked about the FEMA fraud? I mean, $2000 is nothing to people who truly need help and now it's getting reduced to $500 for future catastrophes because of several, selfish idiots. I'm telling you, they should give them one more gift, life on cell block D and three square meals a day. It takes a really disgusting individual to take advantage of that money. What happened to common decency?

And now we interrupt our ranting for a service announcement: Cheap shoes. I wish I couldn't tell the difference between cheap shoes and good shoes. I wish I had never tried on a decent pair, but girls, I'm here to tell you, you can't go back. So buy good shoes with the knowledge that Payless Shoe Source will never cut it again. And are you willing to make that kind of sacrifice? Zappos.com is fabulous. They ship lightning fast, they're the cheapest especially if you're not in CA and don't have to pay sales tax, and their service is excellent.

Got a rant to share? Have at it!
Anonymous  
posted at 12:55 AM  
  Comments (12)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
12 Comments:
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Georgiana Daniels said...

My rant: people who write checks in the express lane at the grocery store.

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Malia Spencer said...

My rant: people who drive under the speed limit in the fast lane. Come on! Drive in the right lane where you belong or stay off the freeway!

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger Terry said...

I am irritated by people who do not pronouce words correctly, or who do not use the correct word in a sentence. For example, "Thats a great ideal!" I can't help myself. I have to say, "idea". They just keep right on, adding, "I wished it would rain tonight." I want to say, did you wish that last night? It's lost on deaf ears... and speaking of deaf... how about a manager speaking to a group of retirement home owners and addressing their hearing impaired service recipents as 'death' instead of deaf.

georgianad... what also gets me about that is it is usally someone who just also purchased about 25 items when I'm only holding a loaf of bread that I should have been home with 10 minutes ago!

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh the joys of express lanes. i work at one. i work in a grocery store and i generally work express coz i injured my shoulder at work. i HATE when ppl pay by cheque, or have like 30 items and you say to them "just so you know it's actually 12 items or less here" and they are like "oh i thought i had 12..." yeah RIGHT!!!! gift cards are worse though. the salvation army give out $5 gift cards to destitute ppl and the come in to the express lane with like 5 gift cards, and they have to go thru the eftpos machine and individually, and it takes FOREVER!

my other rant is ppl who don't know how to spell "you're". really REALLY annoys me!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Megan DiMaria said...

It makes me crazy when I go through the drive-through Post Office lane to drop mail in the box, and the person in the front of the line, sitting at the mailbox, is putting stamps on his letter. Grrrr.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I can handle most things, but the slow drivers get to me, too.

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! How about the special people who get to park where ever they want? You know the ones, they pull up to the curb, right outside of the store, right next to the "no parking, fire lane" sign and go inside. Yes, I witnesses this today (is the bitterness showing? LOL) and at the store where I was, the lot was empty, she could have parked in the first spot. Don't you just adore those special people who can park where they want to? *rolls eyes*

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that shoe site! I found your shoe comments interesting. I was just in NYC and visited Prada and the shoes were too-cute, but I had a hard time believing they were worth $400. I mean, I can tell the difference between Payless and Worthington shoes, but are these top brand shoes really that much more comfortable? Too fun. Maybe I'll see.

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my rant:
I hate it whem my extended family sits and talks about the same thing over and over again and then their voices start getting louder and louder. Then they talk about subjects that should never be brought up at the dinner table right after everyones finished eating!!!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

My bank account wails and my feet rejoice at the sight of this new treasure of a website!!!!! *squeal*

I hate those sneaky little popups that sneak past my blocker!

I can't stand when I go to coffee shops and they don't make my chai lattes strong enough.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Betsy St. Amant said...

I have a rant!

When men somehow are capable of running a multi-million dollar company but can't seem to figure out how to use the copy machine!!!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

You rant away, Kristin. You're entitled. This country has gotten WAY too tolerant and is becoming a "doormat" to far too many. Stop being so focused on yourself and learn to adapt to the differences.

And my rant? Let's see. Where should I start? LOL! Malia, I'm with you on the drivers. My motto: lead, follow or get out of the way!

Another: customers who approach for help and stand there waiting for you to answer all their questions when they can clearly see you have a *heavy* stack of books in your arms. And if you attempt to set them down, they get impatient or roll their eyes.

One more: customers who can't put things back where they belong or at least bring them to the counter so WE can do it. No, just shelve it anywhere, doesn't matter, right? UGH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz