Girls Write Out
Friday, October 05, 2007


INTRODUCING ROBIN CAROLL, AKA ROBIN MILLER

Robin has been friends with all the Girls for a long time. She's also the president of ACFW. She reads my books before they go in to make sure I have the villain hidden well enough. We first "met" when she emailed me about how much she loved the Rock Harbor books. Bayou Justice is a fabulous book and I know you're going to enjoy it. So here's Robin, er CoCo is showing up for her, I guess. LOL

Hey, y’all, CoCo LeBlanc here. Main character in Robin Caroll’s new release, Bayou Justice. Robin was supposed to blog with the girls today, but she’s fighting with my baby sister, Tara, on completing book four in the bayou series, so I’m covering for the author. Besides, I’m much more interesting! LOL Anyway, another writer friend of Robin’s tossed out some interview questions for me, so I’m going to share the answers with y’all. Could be fun…

Q: An alligator environmentalist? What’s up with THAT career path?
CoCo: Hey, I’m a nature kind of gal! LOL Seriously, I love my bayou home in Lagniappe, Louisiana. There’s so much wetlands to preserve, as well as the wildlife. Come on…alligators date back to the dinosaur era. That they’ve survived all these years, despite humans hunting them…don’t EVEN get me started on poachers!!!

Q: Family heritage…how important is that to you?
CoCo: VERY! I lost my parents at an age when I really needed them. My grandparents, Grandpere and Grandmere, took me and my sisters in and raised us in Lagniappe. Then, we lost Grandpere. It’s hard to lose those we love, but it makes preserving our family heritage—the good AND the bad—even more important.

Q: You and Luc??? Wanna give us the “inside scoop” on y’alls relationship?
CoCo: LOL! We’re taking it slow this time around. We had a lot of stuff crowding our relationship last time, so we’re taking it day by day and just letting our love bloom! :D

Q: Your sisters?
CoCo: Wondered when you’d get around to that! LOL Seriously, Tara (the baby) can exasperate a saint! She’s so headstrong and emotional…an emotional ticking bomb. But she and I are so much alike in some ways that it’s downright scary. I’m praying Robin can get the girl in line in Bayou Paradox. We’ll see. Alyssa was a handful, always has been. But she had a lot of stuff piled in her emotional storage box that she doesn’t deal with until book 2, Bayou Corruption. So, yeah, she frustrated me in Bayou Justice. The dynamics of sisters is a special bond…unless you have one, you just don’t “get” it. But right, wrong, or indifferent, they’re my sisters and I love ‘em!

Q: Parting words?
CoCo: This has been interesting, but I’ll admit, I’m anxious to see how Robin’s coming along with Tara. I hope all the Girls Write Out readers will check me out in Bayou Justice, available now. Until then, as we like to say in Cajun country—Laissez les bons temps rouler!
(That means, Let the good times roll!)
Colleen Coble  
posted at 7:38 AM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Lisa Jordan said...

Great interview. So looking forward to Robin's first book and learning more about CoCo!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, Lisa.....CoCo's a handful, that's for sure. :D

Thanks, girls, for letting me gab here! :D

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Great interview. Loved it. Great pic too. I recognize that couch!

Hugs, Rachel

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Congrats, Robin, on your new series! Thanks for bringing Coco by to share. :-)

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Loved hearing Coco share with the Girls. :o) I can't wait for my book to arrive!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

I'm gonna hunt'er down and git'er read and reviewed, soon as I kin do it!

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

LOVED meeting Coco!!! Sorry you couldn't make it, Robin. ;-)

Can't wait to read your book!!!!!

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Lynette Sowell said...

Great interview!! Can't wait to get to know these characters better... :)

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Rachel, LOL...bet you did recognize the couch! LOLOLOL And it was COMFY, too!

Denise, thanks, girl! It was great to see you at conference, even if it was only for a second!

Ane, let me know if you'll be able to read the rest of the series after you read Bayou Justice! LOL

LOL, Deena!

Diann...thanks. And I'm so glad I was able to see you at conference! I have a cool pix of us together!

Lynette.....thanks, and congrats on YOUR bayou story being such a success! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz