Girls Write Out
Wednesday, October 03, 2007

UPDATE ON DIANN
Today is Diann's day to post but her mother-in-law passed away on Sunday and Di's at the funeral. So I thought I'd bring you up-to-date on Di and ask you to keep praying. We went to the oncologist on Friday and PRAISE GOD it showed up NOWHERE else. Not in her bone marrow, not in her lymph nodes. Iin fact, the doctor is really not even comfortable calling it lymphoma so he's sending her to a lung surgeon. It's possible it's a lung infection of some kind. They may choose to take it out to figure out exactly what it is. The oncologist sent off her tissue to the Mayo Clinic and we may know more in two weeks, but it looks good, you guys! Please keep praying that we find out it's nothing to be worried about!

Now on to a Di moment. Er a Jim moment which is where she gets so much of her good material. Dave and I went to the viewing last night. This sweet lady came up to Jim and pointed her finger at him. "I'm Jim," he said.

"I know who you are, but do you know who I am?" she demands.

From the stricken deer-in-the-headlights expression in Jim's face we all knew he didn't. Di and I started giggling.

"Um, no who are you?" Jim says.

"Remember locking me in the chicken coop?" she says.

"Oh yes, you're---."

The name still wouldn't come. By now, Di and I are practically on the floor because of the expression on Jim's face. He's making excuses like he's had a hard year at school and has been working a lot of hours. (He doesn't mention Di's ordeal which would explain it all.)

I try to be helpful. "He hasn't had much sleep all week. He's exhausted," I say, hoping she'll realize I'm hinting he's under severe stress.

When she finally tells poor Jim her name it's clear he's still so befuddled he's not sure he's up or down. LOL THEN when he goes to introduce her to me and Dave, he goes, "this is my cousin---) She has to supply her name again! LOL

Poor guy. He never gets a break. Meanwhile Di and I are no help whatsoever because we're on the floor.
Colleen Coble  
posted at 8:46 AM  
  Comments (11)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
11 Comments:
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Funny story!

Praising God along with you about Diann's doctor visit! God is so good, His mercy amazes me!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Katy McKenna said...

Poor, poor Jim. So like my husband. If Doug saw his best man on the street, he wouldn't know his name. If I EVER see Doug talking amiably to someone I don't recognize, I stay FAR AWAY. If I go up to them, the other person will expect Doug to introduce us, which would assume that Doug knows the person's NAME. I've learned to spare Doug the trauma!!!

Keep the good news about Di coming, and blessings to Di and Jim at this time.....

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Timothy Fish said...

I have trouble with names sometimes. I really hate it when I am at church and see a visitors who has been there before and I can't remember their names. Then there are the Awana kids. It is impossible to remember all of their names, but I hate to let them know that.

I am reminded of a story I heard several years ago. The man who told it said that he was attending a university where a famous actor was also attending. The man said that he was talking to one of his professors when the actor came up to ask the professor about another class. The man telling the story said that he was disappointed when his professor failed to do so. After the actor had left, his professor turned to him and said, "I really wanted to introduce the two of you, but I never can remember her name."

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Kay Day said...

So, Jim is Diann's husband? Sounds like he's the one who needs prayers! And his mom just died?
I personally think it is so much harder to love someone who is sick or being diagnosed than to be the one with the actual illness. It feels so helpless. A terrible place to be.
But on the other hand. It is funny that he didn't know his own cousins name. I'm bad with names, but not THAT bad. I think.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

In Jim's defense, he hasn't seen the lady in question in quite a few years. LOL AND he's been through a lot all summer. I too believe it's harder to watch the ones you love going through a bad time than to go through it yourself.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

**sigh** I would SO love to hang out with you gals:-) Thank goodness for your books!

And thank You God for that wonderful and encouraging report! Way cool God!!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Rhonda/WA state said...

I'm glad the forgetfulness of names isn't just me. I thought it was a menopausal thing or should I say, "mental-pause"! It's not just names I forget. If my head wasn't screwed on tight, I'd be in trouble.

Thanks for the report on Diann. We're keeping her and her family in our thoughts and prayers. Sorry to hear about the mom-in-law. :(

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Well all I can say is Praise God Di's giggling. I'm SO glad you're her close buddy. You can giggle at anything! :o)

And know I'm praying, Colleen. You know how hard!

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so happy to hear about the hopeful news about Diann.
Will keep praying for her.
"Hug's"
Annie

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Lisa Jordan said...

Thank God about Di's diagnosis. My sympathies for your loss...and maybe Jim's loss of memory?

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Crystal Laine said...

Laughter is medicine, so I am so glad about these funny moments that keep cropping up for you. (Even if they are at WEIRD times.;)

My sympathies for Diann and Jim on his mom's death.

It's great to have such a good support system, isn't it Diann? I'll keep praying for the Hunts.

My 3rd son(19) this week has lymph nodes and I have been a basket case nearly throwing up, but having to act normal to him. I'm praying that the antibiotic is the cure (there has been mono/strep going around) but they are so huge that of course I can hardly stand waiting to see if the meds work and it's just infection. I feel for you, Diann, having to wait yet some more--how long, huh?

It's good that there are no nodes, Di, so we'll keep a good, positive thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz