Girls Write Out
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Well, American Idol has this year's Kelly Pickler. You know how Simon always picks some hot little item, half his age, because she looks good? This year, it was a smart mouth 20 year old in a bikini. I'm convinced Simon goes deaf when his eyes are popping out of his head. Let me predict bikini girl's future. She will come to LA. She will not be that special there. She will grow a plastic chest, maybe even paid for by some kindly, pro-bono plastic surgeon, and spend her whole life trying to get that fifteen minutes of successful sleazedom back.

At that point, I switched back to "America's Biggest Loser". I won't spoil it for you if you didn't get to it, but last night's made everyone cry, and the ending and results are superb!!

Trey and I lost the family vote, hence we had to watch Idol first. I enjoyed Idol's new judge, and wow, can she sing! But upon Simon's lack of ability to judge (do you remember him predicting Kellie Pickler would outsell Carrie Underwood?) Ack!

So DH and I have this conversation later, and I told him, "You know, it used to be, women wanted big, strong, strapping men because they were the ones who protected them, could provide security. Now, rich men are often scrawny geeks and that's the hunter of today. And men think it's only about having the most beautiful skinny wife, and they're not as capable of carrying healthy children -- especially with their plastic parts. I think that's why there's more dysfunction."

He looked at me, rolled his eyes, and said, "The world according to Kristin."

Well yeah, isn't that what it's about? But he went to sleep and I went back to my book, certain I should have been a psychologist.

Labels: , , , ,

Kristin  
posted at 10:45 AM  
  Comments (13)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
13 Comments:
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Michelle V said...

I watched parts of AI while doing some things around the house. I didn't hear bikini girl sing but I saw them show previews several times before she appeared and I was annoyed just seeing the little clips of her.

Blessings
Michelle

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I don't watch Idol but Biggest Loser was great!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Sabrina L. Fox said...

I don't watch Idol until they get to Hollywood. Can't stand the trainwreck of the auditions.

Love BL. It was good last night, but hated that my Bob had to swear so much. (even if he was right)Could do without the language/bleeping. :-/

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I thought it was hilarious that Bob said he had been taken over by Jillian though, hilarious! I thought that girl should have taken the money though, it's clear she's not ready. I hope she changes now. She seemed to get it when she lost to the biggest and the oldest.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Yes that was funny! And Jillian IS the one most likely to lose her temper. She scares people. LOL

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

The things you come up with just crack me up! You say things like no one else can! LOL

I'm with Sabrina. I don't watch Idol till it's nearing the final stages (sounds like a disease, yikes!).

I'm new to The Biggest Loser and am really enjoying it!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

I watched Idol last night and that girl was pathetic. The men were even more pathetic. Randy was all for her, too! The two women just rolled their eyes and finally Paula cracked and said okay just to get her out of there. What a joke. There were several really good ones though.

Never have gotten involved with Loser.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

The blind guy on Idol is really sweet and sings pretty good - I hope he sticks around for awhile.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

A friend of mine updated his Facebook status last night to say that he wished the contestants from Biggest Loser would eat the people on AI.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Okay, Kayla, that makes me feel really guilty, but that is funny. We didn't make it to the blind contestant yet. I imagine they should have had him as a judge when jiggly girl was there.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Betsy said...

I almost cried last night on BL when Jerry went home, but he sure did do a good job on his own.

Whatever her name is should have taken the money and run. I don't think she will do well, and I am not sure she is there for the right reason.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Betsy said...

Wow, that first sentence did not make sense. I meant that I almost cried when they sent Jerry home. I need to read my posts before I send them. :-)

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

My favorite audition was that of Anoop Desai on Wednesday. He was in an acapella group at UNC last year (he graduated) called the Clef Hangers. He's absolutely phenomenal. However, because he is Indian and he wore a button up and khaki shorts, Simon said that he looked like he just came from a meeting with Bill Gates. Let's downplay the fact that you just completely rocked that soulful song and pick on your wardrobe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz