Girls Write Out
Tuesday, September 22, 2009

PUNKY IS ONE YEAR OLD TODAY!!!
Okay, it's my day to blog so I'm going to post several things, but the most important day has arrived today! Our Punky is one today!! I was cleaning up her daddy's little rocking chair to take to her (she loved the rocking chair in the pictures and sang to herself while she rocked) and I had to think about the nature of hope. I kept Dave's rocker and Kara's too, but for quite a few years I never really thought I'd be blessed with a grandchild. When God says He will give us the desires of our hearts, He really means it!

She has changed our lives. I prayed for her before she was ever born, and I love this picture of her that looks like she's clasping her little hands to pray. God is so good it chokes me up. There was a song that our ACFW president wrote and the choir sang at conference this weekend. I'm posting the words below. they so touched my heart with God's goodness. I'm so thankful to Him for all the blessings He gives and am so thankful for our little darling. Here are more pictures of her: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2015824&id=1572759753

GOD IS SPEAKING

God is speaking
I am silent
God is moving
I am moved

God is warring
I am resting
In the power
Of His love

God is brilliant
I’m reflecting
God is awesome
I’m in awe

God is pouring
I’m receiving
He is filling
I am filled

God is ruling
I am bowing
God is humbling
I lay down

God is more than
Minds can fathom
He will fill us
Even now

God is speaking
I am silent

copyright 2007 Zach Burris and Cynthia Ruchti
Colleen Coble  
posted at 3:51 AM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Tonya Kappes said...

She is precious. I must say there is something to that grandparent thing. My parents adore my children and I thank God everyday to have such wonderful parents.
Celebrate-she's only one ONCE.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Lisa Jordan said...

Punky is so beautiful. She is such a blessing. Treasure each moment because she will be grown before you know it!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Precious little girl! Time has flown since she was first born!

Thanks for printing the words to the ACFW choir song. I was sitting in front of a speaker and the music trac overpowered the ladies beautiful voices and it was hard to hear the lyrics. Since our prez Cynthia wrote them I wanted to know them!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

What a cutie!
Grandparenting is the best!

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

Can't believe she's already a year old!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Cheri said...

Colleen, what a beautfil litle girl. I also, waited 8 years before God added two granddaughers to our family through adoption. Addi, almost 7, is in the picture you see here. What a diva. She is deaf, but with cochlear implants can hear. What a miracle God gave her.

I had not heard this song. I look forward to listening to it - the words, alone, touch my heart.

I loved hearing about your "girls week out"! What a great time you all must have had.

Cheri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz