Girls Write Out
Thursday, July 15, 2010

Okay, so you all have heard my great news of no more chemo, and I'm thanking God every day for His mercy toward me!!!

Now it's time for some serious fun! Doctor gave me a prescription for Latisse. Remember the commercial with Brooke Shields where she gets an Rx for thicker eyelashes? That's what this stuff is. Creates thicker eyelashes--of course, in my case we're not going for thicker. ANY will do.

I've used the Rx (topical) three nights now. Stayed up eating popcorn and stared in the mirror all night, waiting for those babies to pop out of my skin!

So far, I got nothin.

Chemo strips one's eyes/face of color--which got me to thinkin'. I'll soon be able to splash more color on my face.

What do you think about the jeweled eyelashes look? It has a certain sparkle about it, don't you think? Time to make those babies shine--when I get some!

If you don't like the jeweled look, what about this next picture:
Talk about making a statement. I'm not sure what she's saying, but still.

Of course, I'm exaggerating, but I'm seriously having fun thinking about new looks and fun ways to enjoy life--with fresh, new eyelashes and eyebrows!!! It's springtime and my eyes will be in full bloom soon! :-)

I promise NOT to talk about my eyebrows/lashes anymore after today. No need to beat a dead horse, but I just couldn't resist one more time. You just have no idea how much you miss them when they're gone.

So when I start complaining about plucking and all that, give me a cyber whack!

I have an assignment for you today: Do something wild and fun with your eyes--just because you CAN!!



Labels: , ,

Diann Hunt  
posted at 9:19 AM  
  Comments (11)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
11 Comments:
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Sabrina L. Fox said...

Our office prescribes Latisse Diann and we've seen positive results. I'll pray you see a difference soon! :)

And I envy those girls that have the ability to apply dramatic eyeshadow. I try and try and always end up looking a little trashy. Not really what I'm going for. LOL

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Okay, Diann, you've talked me into it. Sometime in the next five days I'm going to wear mascara!

Do you have a stencil or something to use to apply this stuff? What's to keep you from getting off course?

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

I have the same problem, Sabrina! LOL By the way, do you know how long it takes for the Latisse to work? Can you tell I'm anxious??? ;-)

I'm so proud of you, Cheryl!! There are stencils for shaping eyebrows, but believe or not, I do better free-hand. I'm thinking I could go into business . . .

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger jel said...

Diann, green would bee more your color with the eyelashes :)


and ya know what they say about a watchpot! ;)

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger jel said...

OK Diann,

you asked for it,

check out my place blog!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Kameko said...

Oh, you should certainly go for the jeweled eye-lashes! The would be divine on you!

Best of luck with the Latisse & praying that soon you'll have thick, beautiful lashes sprouting!

Blessings,
Beverly

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Jel, where can I find the blog?

Okay, Beverly, I'll let you know if I ever get the jewels! LOL1

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger jel said...

Diann, click on my name, and it will take you there!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Okay, Jel, I went there and didn't know how to get to your latest post. Sigh. Have I mentioned I'm technologically-challenged?

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger jel said...

I'm in the same boat Diann,

ya click on my name ya see 3 blogs

ya click on "my place" blog
and the first post should be a pic
of me with makeup

and if ya want a good laugh,
ya can got to "jelspeaks" and click on it , :)

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

This makes me want to try the bejeweled look for fun! I think I'll get some leopard pants and try it. LOL I hope this stuff works, I heard in my nail salon that it does!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz