Girls Write Out
Thursday, November 11, 2010
I've had a rough week.

On Tuesday, a wise friend (waving at Katy!) gave me some wonderful advice. She told me to surround myself with things I love. Of course, that includes family and all that, but she also mentioned Victoria magazine. She had no way of knowing how much I love that magazine.

In fact, I love it so much I have notebooks filled with Victoria magazine issues dropped in sheet protectors.

So yesterday, after my CT Scan, I took some magazines and went to lunch by myself (my choice), ate a leisurely lunch and browed through the magazines. Last night, I spent all evening just enjoying my magazines.

I did something else.

I took some of the store ads we've been getting in the mail and cut out the snow scenes (yes, I love snow) and set them aside for a journal.

Have you ever seen the movie THE LAST HOLIDAY with Queen Latifah? I highly recommend it! Such a sweet movie. And in that movie she has a "possibility notebook" filled with pictures and the things she loved or hoped to do or see.

That's what I'm doing. I'm making a "Comfort Notebook," filled with pictures of comforting things--winter scenes, hot chocolate, a blazing fireplace, all that.

Have you ever done anything like that? What do you think of the idea?


Labels: , ,

Diann Hunt  
posted at 11:49 AM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

I love that idea, Di! I'm very visual and a beautiful photo really speaks to me.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger adge said...

I really like that idea! I make collages of all the things I think are pretty or comforting from magazines, and I just might have to give this a try.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger jel said...

I love the idea,
and i love snow too :)

hope The CTscan, went ok

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

What a good idea!

I'm sorry it's been a rough week. :<

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Brittanie said...

I love that movie. It is one of my favorites. :)

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You have a wise friend indeed. I've never heard of a "comfort" notebook though it's a great idea. (I'm not so sure about that snow thing, though. *smile*)

By the way, THE LAST HOLIDAY is one of my favorite movies ever! There are so many lessons we can learn from the characters and situations in it.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Diann, praying the results of the CT are perfect.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger The Dynamic Uno said...

I LOVED the movie and I LOVE your spin on the notebook. As a sometimes scrapbooker, I tend to cut out pictures of things I like and want to someday try on my layouts. A comfort notebook would be even better because it could continue to be a work-in-progress.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Katy McKenna said...

Diann!!! We have been so involved with Doug's mom in the hospital that I did not see this post until just now! You, my friend, know how to be joyful. I LOVE that about you and want to be just like you.....

Your journal sounds wonderful, and the BEST part is that your scan came out fine. What wonderful holidays are ahead for you! Much love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz