Girls Write Out
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
I'm no designer. Lately I've been pouring over color combinations because I want to redo my living and dining rooms. I am thinking of doing something with gold and punches of red like The Lightkeeper's Ball. The cover of this book is the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen, but I've been really blessed to have a fabulous team at Thomas Nelson work on my covers. ALL of the Lightkeeper books have had terrific covers. In fact, the first two are finalists for best historical cover over at Cover Cafe. I'd love for you to go vote here!

But back to color in general. I have this great book called Can't Fail Color Schemes by Amy Wax. I got it at Lowe's and it's got terrific inspiration in it. But I'm finding it hard to make up my mind! I have a Victorian with gorgeous red oak woodwork but all the old houses I see have painted woodwork. I love the look of saturated color on the walls against wide white woodwork but it would be sacrilege to paint this gorgeous old woodwork. Any advice for me? I have all the rooms wallpapered right now but I'm tired of it. I want to do something with a mission style and great paint colors.

How about you? Do you have a favorite color scheme? And what colors go great with stained oak?

Don't forget to go vote for your favorite cover!

Labels: , , ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 9:09 AM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Sabrina L. Fox said...

I feel for you. Our old house had great bones. And I loved the thick wood trim but I painted it white. It was just my preference. It felt homey and clean. I loved the results. But man when my older neighbor came in to see it he was shocked I'd paint over unpainted wood. You should have seen his face. LOL.

My theory is whatever makes you comfortable. A home should be your haven and if that means painting the wood trim then do it. :)

Whatever you do should be a reflection of your tastes and for me the heavy dark wood wasn't me. Sounds like you're ready for a change too! Good luck. Just don't invite the neighbors in.

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Oh, yes love the cover of your new book! Just ordered all the Lightkeeper books. Can't wait for them to come!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

I VOTED I VOTED I VOTED!

My color schemes all have to do with autumn earthy tones. My entry way is pumpkin orange with warm wood tones, my living room a mix of chocolate brown and sunkissed khaki. I used a warm blue for my bedroom and a warm gray for the spare bedroom. AND!!! drumroll please ... broke the mold and baby's toy room is ... LIME GREEN! how's that for shocking?

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Courtney Walsh said...

My mom's house is done in those two colors and it's really warm and inviting! I agree with you that cover is stunning...just beautiful! :)

We're moving in a few weeks and I'll have to start over decorating wise...I feel your pain. These decisions always trip me up!!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Dave said he would trade out the beautiful woodwork for stuff I could paint. I could NOT bring myself to paint this red oak. LOL

I love that cover too, Anna! Isn't it fabo?

Thanks, Jaime! Sounds like I would LOVE your colors. :) Well except for the lime green. LOL

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Dorothy said...

I voted! And I just ordered the entire Lonestar books! I'm set for awhile....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz