Girls Write Out
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Not many of us get this dressed up. We girls only do it once a year at the ACFW Conference. But spring is here and it's time to look at summer clothes. Maybe some capris and cut tops.

I've realized that what a person wears tells a lot about who they are. I use this in my books. Do they wear T-shirt with their jeans or a beaded sweater with glitter? Do they wear heels with their jeans or tennis shoes? Or maybe even cowboy boots? (I've found a new favorite jean too. Not Your Daughter's Jeans. Oh my gosh, they fit like a second skin. LOVE them!)

The book that's coming out next, Lonestar Angel, stars Eden who wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of jeans. She associates jeans with the ones she wore as a kid. They were ripped and too short, and she wants to convey an image that's professional and competent.

So help me out here. What do you wear and what do you think it says about you? I'll go first. Hmm, I wear boot cut jeans because it balances the hip. :) And I wear mules on my feet and not tennis shoes because it makes me look thinner. My height isn't cut off by the blocky tennis shoes. My favorite top is a v-neck with 3/4" sleeves. And as I'm typing all this out, I realize that I don't dress for comfort, I dress to look as thin as possible. Sheesh, until I started this blog, I didn't even realize how much I do this. LOL I think I need therapy.

Your turn. Tell me your favorite outfit and why you like it. What do you think it says about you? And I just might use it in a book. :)

Labels: , ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 5:29 AM  
  Comments (11)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
11 Comments:
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

I definitely keep the whole thinness thing in mind, but I primarily dress for comfort. Jeans, cotton tops, and Merrell shoes or sandals--with a thick sole so I can be comfortable AND taller. :-)

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Sheri Salatin said...

I'm a no nonsense sort of girl wearing mostly jeans and t-shirts. However, I'm also a "romantic" so I LOVE to wear sundresses and cute skirts. I seem to go from one extreme to the other - jeans or sundresses. Never really thought about it until now. :o)

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Kristen Borland said...

definitely boot cut jeans. they make this 5ft-tall girl think she looks taller. boots, unless i'm tired (then it's tennis shoes). a cotton shirt with just a little bit of style or frill to make me look like i'm trying.

but in the summer, capri pants with girly tanks or summer dresses with flip flops.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Connie said...

I too believe that what a person wears says a lot about them. I wear modest clothing. I do not wear sleeveless clothing or anything above my knees. I love the new capris out this year. Colors are exciting.

The shoes/boots and tops I wear with my jeans depend on mood of the day. I am unpredictable.

I do love my boots though! I would wear them year round if I could get by with it.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger jel said...

I jeans , and t-Shirts or work shirts, and boots but have a pair of tennis shoes for town,


That a very nice shot of you Girls :)

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

I like to wear just-below-the-knee skirts with nylons and strap shoes.
I like scarves and necklaces, dangling earrings and gold bracelets. I like cotton sweaters over a scoop-necked cotton tank top or shell, but no cleavage showing. If I wear jeans, then I wear Keds and a hoodie over a tank top. I'm always trying to figure out what is going to make me look the thinnest.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Some of you have really given it some thought!

Sheri, I could get into some cute skirts now that I'm skinnier. :)

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Sandie said...

At home, I dress for comfort. I like long sundresses that I can wear with no bra. To go out - I actually was just saying I need some new can-be-seen-out-of-the-house clothes. My arms are apparently larger than the rest of me as sleeves are often too tight so I wear sleeveless shirts and a skirt generally. I have problems with my feet so I either wear Isotoner slippers (at home) or Skechers (out).

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Tim said...

That's a great picture of y'all!

I have had problems with my feet so I try to wear my Danskos as much as possible... I have sandals, as well as others. Danskos, however, are not the most flattering so I go with comfort over style in this case.

I *do* wear jeans a good bit (or capris in the summer) but I love wearing a pair of black pants that gives me a good (thinner) line. Oh. And I wear vests quite a bit... again, doing what I can about the hips and waist thing. lol

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Oops! That last comment by Tim was by Cyndi... I didn't realize my son was still logged in. lol

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I usually wear jeans and a v-neck. I love wearing my TOMS, but I also frequently wear tennis shoes or boots. I always have a jacket of some sort with me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz