Girls Write Out
Tuesday, September 22, 2009





ACFW CONFERENCE
We were quiet last week but for a good reason. For the first time in three years or so we were all together in one place! Di brought us all DeBrand truffles and Kristin brought us manicure stuff. Fits, doesn't it? LOL We barely got any sleep, but oh it was so worth it! Kimberley Woodhouse (Welcome Home about her experience with Extreme Home Makeover) got us from the airport. She is a super talented photographer and took some pics of us that we'll be posting later. Girls Write Out's own Jaime Sundsmo was there and we got to "meet" little Chloe whom we've practically prayed into existence. That's her we're all touching!

The hotel (Marriott Tech Center) was fabulous. The staff couldn't be beat, though no matter what we did I couldn't charge anything to my room even though Robin told them three times I was CEO and on the master account. This didn't matter except it seriously cut my coffee consumption since I tended to run over to Starbucks without my wallet. The food was terrific and our servers were just awesome. Everything ran so smoothly with our conference director Robin Miller and conference coordinator Sydney Zech overseeing everything.

The thing that set the foundation for it all was how our president, Cynthia Ruchti, and our conference director, Robin Miller, prayed over the meeting rooms and the halls outside the sleeping rooms. The Spirit just hovered over that place and blessed us all beyond measure. Debbie Macomber's messages as keynote were exactly what we needed this year. I have my 3 x 5 card with my goals all written out and have been mulling over other things she's said.

I got to spend time with my wonderful agent, Karen Solem, this year too. Everything good that's happened in my career I lay at her feet (and Jesus's of course.) She was the lynchpin that got it all rolling in the right direction. And the grand announcement that my fabulous Ami McConnell won Editor of the Year just blessed me beyond measure! She is such a terrific editor and has taught me so much! I was so excited when she won that I could barely speak. I rushed back to the table, grabbed my phone and called her from the banquet hall. When I realized from the giggles around me that I was talking too loudly, I rushed for the hall so I could squeal with abandon. LOL She was thrilled!

I arranged a dinner for the Nelson authors and we had the best time with superman Allen Arnold and editor Becky Monds! I'm so blessed to be part of the family. In the other post for the day, I'll post some more pictures. It would only let me post four. :( I learned something new about Allen. I knew he loved Mexican food but I DIDN'T know he liked to order big bowls of salsa and eat it with a spoon! He ate two bowls of it! My beloved Erin Healy also showed up!

The workshops were exemplary and I learned so much from the advanced class taught by Allen Arnold and Karen Ball. Though some faces paled when he suggested we all do Twitter and Facebook. I was one of the first Christian authors on Twitter so that was one thing I didn't have to change. Okay, this is so Kristin. Late in the morning of the 2nd class, she decided she was going to run to Target and she'd be back before our "graduation." Cheryl Hodde went with her. When K's name was called and she wasn't there, Karen Ball said, "Oh she probably went shopping." It was a joke but the room roared when they found out she actually HAD gone shopping!

And I always get so tickled to see our quiet little Denise up there banging away on the drums. Friends, she is an AWESOME drummer! I'm so proud of her! Rachel Hauck is the leader of the worship team and she just leads us right into the presence of the Lord. I just love that part of it!

So I'm tired but happy today. And so blessed with friends!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 8:48 AM  
  Comments (10)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
10 Comments:
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was such a wonderful conference. So much hard work for those of you who organized it. Thank you so much. This was the best ACFW conference ever, for me. It was so nice to see so many people working toward the same goal. I love this conference.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

It was the best conference for me, too, Tina! I don't know what exactly set it apart from the others, but I'm thinking the prayer that went up beforehand had plenty to do with it!

We are blessed beyond measure to have such a wonderful event offered to us each year. And the friendships along the way? Icing on the cake!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

What a great report!! IT was SO FUN to be there and meet everyone and take part in the amazing workshops, great awards banquet, and yes, Denise on those drums - quite the lady! :)

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I have a lot less energy here in real life. I want to go back and play.

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Lisa Jordan said...

God created a miracle three days before the conference began, so what a terrific way to begin an incredible conference!

I met Jaime on the shuttle to the hotel and heard about her amazing journey. She said very sweet things about Colleen.

Meeting friends--old and new--is always the highlight of the conference for me.

I went into the conference in a new season of my life, and God's blessings continued to flow over me. Awesome.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

It was so fun to see you all at conference! Wish we'd had more time! Argh.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

I know I've said it many times but I also heard it from so many others--this was the best conference to date. It will be hard to top but I've a feeling it will be.
It was wonderful to see everyone.

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Cheri said...

I envy all of you. There is a reason God said to not neglect gathering with others for fellowship. I have been to some conferences, and the sweet, sweet spirit was so very present.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Cheri said...

HI Colleen -

I was looking at all the great pictures and wondered if there was a way to "tag" them or put a caption? I am not always sure who is who when I am looking at several pictures at a time - chalk it up to 'old age'.

Cheri

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I don't think there's any way to tag them in our blog but if you go to my Facebook page, I have the same photos tagged.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz