Girls Write Out
Thursday, November 12, 2009



I'm headed to Nashville, Tennessee this morning with a group of women from our church. We're going to a Come to the Fire Conference--another version of Women of Faith--with speakers, singers, a wonderful time of worship with women from all over the country.

I'm a home-body, so it's a stretch for me to go to conferences--even writing conferences (though I love to see the GWO team!). Yet, once I get there I have an awesome time and I'm always glad I went. I think it's in knowing I will be so busy, and admittedly it is emotionally draining when I go. But worship/faith conferences are energizing and challenge me to greater heights with my Lord. Many times I get direction for new ministry or am strengthened in an old one.

This time, however, I pray that I will come away with ideas for better serving others. I'm guilty of getting so caught up in my own life, that I neglect to reach out--or even think of reaching out--to others. I dislike that about myself, but it's an area I'm working on, and I'm praying for eyes to see the needs around me.

Okay, enough blabbing on my part. So what do you like most about going to a faith-filled conference? Music? Speakers? Worship? Fellowship? All of the above? Or have you never been to one?
Diann Hunt  
posted at 7:26 AM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Denise said...

Diann, I smiled when I read your post. I am a homebody as well! I have never been to a women's conference, but hope to one day.
It is so easy to get caught up in the concerns of our lives. I am with you there! Just this past week I realized that I have spent far too much time and energy feeling sorry for myself, when I should feel blessed for all God has done. My prayer this month is to do ONE THING each day to bless someone else, whether I feel like it or not.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger collettakay said...

I love the fellowship and connecting to other Christian women. It helps to know that so many others are just like me. Living our daily lives. Cooking, cleaning, taking care of kids, dealing with husbands etc. It is always such an encouragement to be around Christian women!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Kameko said...

I've had the pleasure of attending two Women of Faith conferences and walked away very blessed by both. I enjoyed all aspects of the conference, but mostly the fellowship of sharing my love of our Lord with my family and friends that attended with me, and with my sisters in praise that were also in enjoying the conference. The blessings that I feel I receive just being in the same place as all those Christian women are sometimes overwhelming.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

I love the Women of Faith conferences. There's just nothing like all those women worshipping together.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Last weekend I attended Beth Moore's Living Proof Live event in Springfield IL and it was AWESOME! Usually the only conference type events I attend anymore are writing conferences. I came home very spiritually uplifted. Beth is an awesome Bible teacher. She blessed me over and over. And the worship with Travis Cotrell & the praise band was equally as amazing.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Oh, I love your idea of doing one thing each day to bless someone else, Denise! Great goal!

Pam, a Beth Moore conference! WOW! That had to be awesome!

Our conference was amazing and I had a wonderful time getting to know my friends on a deeper level! God is good!

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Cheri said...

Diane, being a singer, my most favorite part of any conference is the worship music. It can take me right to the feet of Jesus.

I know what you mean about reaching to others. Since I fell after surgery, God has taught me so much and the only way I can look is up! I pray much of the time for those He brings to mind and those I know have needs.

Thanks for asking!
Cheri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz